Recent Fire Damage Posts
SERVPRO of Arleta/Hansen Hills Has The Resources and Experience To Mitigate Any Size Water and Fire Damage!
Westside of Southern California, Santa Monica, Los Angeles Luxury Hotel suffered fire and water damage.
A luxury hotel located in Santa Monica, Los Angeles suffered a small fire that set off the fire suppressant system causing water damage to four floors. Our team quickly deployed our key project coordinators and water technicians to moisture map, photograph the entire loss for the insurance companies and owners, document the smoke/soot, set the proper mitigation equipment to control odor, and begin to speed up the evaporation process.
Our ownership is the first SERVPRO to utilize Matterport digital photography. This camera system provides a virtual tour of the affected areas to help all interested parties. Our team has performed work for the Ojai Valley Inn located in Ojai, California, the Four Seasons Hotel in Westlake, California, the Disney Holiday Inn in Anaheim. Rosewood Miramar in Santa Barbara was also cleaned by our team. Our team is the preferred vendor for Caruso Properties.
You may not think of your clothes dryer as a fire hazard, but these appliances account for tens of thousands of house fires each year.
In Arleta, Hansen Hills, or anywhere in Southern California, you may not think of your clothes dryer as a fire hazard, but these appliances account for tens of thousands of house fires each year. The problem most frequently occurs when lint and dust are allowed to build up. Over time, this can cause the dryer vent to become clogged with highly flammable materials, which easily combust when exposed to high temperatures.
Even if you live in Venice, Santa Monica, or in Century City, your best option for dryer safety is to clean the lint trap each time before you use the dryer and to inspect and clean the dryer vent area to remove lint buildup and other potential blockages. Regular cleaning can ultimately make all the difference in avoiding a house fire.
Quick statistics: 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
3 Tips to Make Sure Your Home is Carbon Monoxide and Fire Safe
House fire in Arleta, CA
Carbon monoxide is tasteless, odorless, and invisible which makes it extremely deadly to those unaware of it. Most fire alarms in a home are equipped with a carbon monoxide detector. However, if yours does not come equipped with a carbon monoxide detector, here is a simple tip: you can buy a wall plug-in carbon monoxide detector to plug in anywhere in your house or place of business.
But experts suggest you place it next to your hot water heater. The second tip to keep your home safe from a fire is to have an emergency fire extinguisher within your home but also out of the reach of small children. The third and final tip is to know all the exits in your home and to have an escape plan.
No one can ever plan for a fire but we can be prepared whether you live in Arleta, Hansen Hills, Panorama City, North Hollywood, or Sun Valley. Always call SERVPRO of Arleta/Hansen Hills in case of a fire emergency because we are the trusted industry experts
Who Should You Call for Water and Fire Damage
No one ever plans for water or fire damage in their homes, but if you were to ever experience one, SERVPRO should be your first call for mitigation and remediation.
Having a fire in your home can be a life-altering event and you want your property to be restored back to the way it was before the fire. When a fire occurs at your house or commercial property, you should take swift action to handle the cleanup and restoration left behind by the fire itself and the efforts of the fire department.
At SERVPRO we value your home as if it were our own because we understand clients in their time of need. If you need more opinions on who to call ask friends/family, neighbors, or even your insurance agents they will be able to help you in this process.
Fire Safety Tips to Keep Your Pets Safe
According to the American Red Cross, home fires are the most common disaster they respond to - and also the most preventable. Planning ahead is the best way to promote the safety of the people and animals in your home. From preventative caution to making an evacuation plan which should include pet safety.
Here are some steps to protect your pets:
- They should have their own disaster supplies kit ready in advance which should include food, water, pet records, spare collars and/or leashes in case you need to control or calm them from being frightened.
- Have a safe place for them to stay if you need to leave your home.
- Include your pets and take them with you when you practice your escape plan. Train them to come to you when you call for them.
Following these steps can lower the risk of harming your pets from a fire.
Facts About Fire Extinguishers
Fire extinguishers last between five and 15 years but they all ultimately expire and become ineffective, no matter what fire-fighting substance they contain. Household fire extinguishers—which are typically filled with dry chemicals (carbon dioxide or halon)—lose their charge over time. Those with compressed gas can leak contents slowly as their seals weaken, while those with ammonium phosphate will solidify over the years, rendering the entire device unusable. Read on to get a handle on the age and effectiveness of your fire extinguisher, plus tips on how to extend its life, get it serviced, and dispose of it correctly if necessary. Store a fire extinguisher in a clean, indoor location can help extend its life. Exposure to sun, UV radiation, wind, or rain can cause corrosion, rust, and deterioration. If the canister is dented or bruised, or if the tamper seal and pin are missing, there’s a possibility that it might explode unprompted. Examine the entire unit and if it’s not in good shape, properly dispose of it without delay.